Wednesday, December 22, 2010

it's a small world

Here's a good story for ya about what a small world it is.

This one time a few summers ago, I went to China on a school trip, and as I was walking on top of the Great Wall of China, surrounded by hundreds of people, I heard someone shout, "Erin Manning?!" I looked around and then saw this friend of mine named Kyle Riggs who was on the swim team with me for several years and who I went to high school with, but we went our separate ways after we graduated, and he stayed in Louisville where we grew up, and I went to Nashville, and we didn't speak for at least like 3 years. Then all of a sudden, there we are, meeting on the other side of the worrrlllddd...

Then after that I got interviewed for some weird British television show and they wanted me to stand up on the side of the wall to film it and I said "absolutely not, the wind will blow me over the side," which they thought was odd, but I didn't care.



Now we're friends and I visit him whenever I go home. He likes boys now, so we really have a gay old time together (no pun intended). Life's funny sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment