Sunday, February 20, 2011

I nearly killed a man...





One time I was driving my friend Steven to kroger because he was sick, and he had had a lot of cough syrup, so we figured it was best for him to not be behind the wheel of his 1989 Buick LeSabre that weighs 2 tons. This was around 9:30pm on a week night, and I was 100% sober, and driving the speed limit (45mph) driving down Granny White in Nashville. As I cruised through an intersection (obviously a green light), from out of nowhere, a man on a bicycle teetered into the middle of the intersection right in front of me without even looking where he was going. He was a crackhead.

I slammed on the brakes, but managed to clip the bike with the back of the LeSabre--the size of a small boat. Steven was shrieking the entire time and spilled a gallon of water in his lap. The man was thrown off of his bike--which was bent into a very odd shape--in the middle of the road, and I had to skid over into the other lane to stop the car and pull over to see if he was alright. He limped toward us with a very dazed, but thrilled expression, and I asked, "are you alright?" He said, "Oh yeah! I'm fine!" and limped off into the woods. Like I said, crackhead. I felt real bad. I messed up his bike, and scared the shit out of him, and poor sick steven, and gave myself a brief glimpse at the feeling of someone who is charged with involuntary manslaughter. Geeze. Then Steven immediately called his mother and screamed, "Erin hit a man!" There is a large green streak of paint on the side of the LeSabre. Other than that, it was unharmed.

Buick LeSabres are some of the most powerfully built automobiles in the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment